News

Trump Revives Racist Birther Conspiracy, Questions Obama’s Birth Certificate to Senator

President Donald Trump is back to his racist birther ways a year after announcing he believes President Obama was born in the United States, The New York Times reports.

According to the report, Trump has privately alluded to his belief that President Obama’s birth certificate is not real.

The Times reports:

In recent months, they say, Mr. Trump has used closed-door conversations to question the authenticity of President Barack Obama’s birth certificate. He has also repeatedly claimed that he lost the popular vote last year because of widespread voter fraud, according to advisers and lawmakers.

One senator who listened as the president revived his doubts about Mr. Obama’s birth certificate chuckled on Tuesday as he recalled the conversation. The president, he said, has had a hard time letting go of his claim that Mr. Obama was not born in the United States.

The conspiracy theorist-in-chief declared in September 2016, “President Obama was born in the United States — period.”

Of course, he also added, “Hillary Clinton and her campaign of 2008 started the birther controversy. I finished it. I finished it. You know what I mean.”

Trump pushed the racist conspiracy theory that President Obama was born in Kenya and had a fake birth certificate for years.

In March 2011, Trump told Fox News host Bill O’Reilly, “He doesn’t have a birth certificate. Now, he may have one, but there’s something on that, with maybe religion, maybe it says he is a Muslim. I don’t know.”

In a speech a month earlier, Trump declared, “Our current president came out of nowhere. Came out of nowhere. In fact, I’ll go a step further: The people that went to school with him — they don’t even know, they never saw him; they don’t know who he is. It’s crazy.”

In 2013, even after much of the far-right got tired of pushing the birther myth, Trump persisted.

“Well, I don’t know, was there a birth certificate?” Trump told ABC News’ Jon Karl. “You tell me. You know some people say that was not his birth certificate. I’m saying, I don’t know. Nobody knows.”

The Times report notes that the birther conspiracy is just one of many that Trump is clinging in.

Along with claiming that his 3-million vote deficit in 2016 was caused by an unprecedented and nonexistent amount of illegal voters, Trump is now suggesting the “Access Hollywood” tape is fake.

Despite publicly acknowledging that he bragged about sexually assaulting women and apologized for his remarks before dismissing them as “locker room talk,” Trump is reportedly suggesting that the voice on the tape is not his.

The Times reports:

Most of Mr. Trump’s aides ignored his changing story. But in January, shortly before his inauguration, Mr. Trump told a Republican senator that he wanted to investigate the recording that had him boasting about grabbing women’s genitals.

“We don’t think that was my voice,” Mr. Trump told the senator, according to a person familiar with the conversation. Since then, Mr. Trump has continued to suggest that the tape that nearly upended his campaign was not actually him, according to three people close to the president.

Even “Access Hollywood” felt the need to address Trump’s complete delusion on their show Monday.

“Let us make this perfectly clear. The tape is very real,” host Natalie Morales said. “Remember his excuse at the time was ‘locker-room talk.’ He said every one of those words.”

Comments

comments

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

FWD NOW is first and foremost committed to giving our readers accurate and relevant news that impacts our world.

Copyright © 2017 FWD NOW. All rights reserved.

To Top